Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Desire-2

When we want things, even good things, we can go too far. We run the risk of putting too much value on things. I was definitely guilt of this. My desires were mainly concentrated towards food for a long time. I spent a lot of money on food.

Food was my God for a long time. I learned to hard way that everything that is good to you is not good for you. I became obese desiring to have more than my body needed.

I have learned to minimize my desires, especially with food. I haven't gained weight in seven years. I have actually been able to pay attention to when I have had enough and not overeat, or go back for seconds.

Getting your desires under control and putting them into proper perspective is hard, but necessary for a healthy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment