Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Trusting the Process

After I finished book one, I felt such a relief. I knew God had put the book on my heart, but book two was a surprise. Get Out of the Way! Claim God's Will for Your Marriage Abigail and Na'bal Purpose Revealed, came out of the revelation that God had work for me to do.

Although we can be sure that God is always working for our good and the good of others, even through trials and suffering, we will not always know exactly what that good is. In many cases his ultimate purposes will not be evident for a long time. Ken Sande, The Peacemaker

At the beginning of the book, I reveal that I learned my husband was still involved with the other woman. Even though I had made up mind to forgive him, it was hard to take, but God kept on me. He kept me focused on the big picture. It wasn't long before the purpose was revealed. My husband had three strokes, then a series of other procedures, heart attacks, surgeries, etc. Now, three years later, I look at him and thank God for the miracle he is.

He is the second person in the United States to have a stint placed in his basal artery above his brain stem. Everyday he doesn't have a stroke is a miracle. His health has deteriorated to the point that all I can think of is how to make him comfortable. Yes, the same man who cheated on me, didn't take his adult responsibilities seriously until a few months ago, (after 25 yrs.). Yes, the same man who has been distant and cold and mean-spirited.

God took the love I have for him and made it into a new thing. By no means is it easy, but it is worth it. My eyes don't cry no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment