Friday, May 6, 2011

My Youngest

My youngest daughter has a lot of health issues. She is also very oppositional defiant and always has been. She has never been one to respect authority, always believing she knows more than she does.

A constant phrase I've had to use with her throughout her 14 years is, "You're only --. You haven't lived long enough to know what you think you know."

She applied to go a local high school, but refused to let me help her. Her essay was weak and could have been written better on the provided paper. She just threw something together and it came across as such. When she got the rejection letter, she cried. I told her, "You should have let me help you."

I knew she needed my help, but she didn't. I am hoping this situation will help her see she does not know enough to get to where she wants to go. I pray she will accept the parenting I am capable of giving her. She just doesn't know. She has the type of mother who will let her fail. I will not run and save her from herself every time. She's gonna have to learn the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment