Monday, May 2, 2011

So Glad

I am so glad to be me. I can remember when I was afraid the world wouldn't accept me, so I kept to myself. I always felt it was okay to be me, I just think didn't anyone else could understand me, and I was right to a great extent. People don't get me. They always seem to be puzzled by the way I express myself, how I walk, how I talk, how I move.

It never fails that after I meet someone and talk to them for 15 minutes, they're saying, "I thought you where this, that or the other."

I am so glad I now know they don't have to get me. People don't have to like me. They don't have to love me. They just have to leave me alone and I will do the same for them. I think people spend too much time caring about what other people think. You can be assured, ten minutes after folk leave your funeral, they'll be going on with their lives like you never existed. Be glad for you and live you life. Other folk sure will.

No comments:

Post a Comment