Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Do Gooder

When people read my book, Get Out of the Way: Claim God's Will for Your Marriage Abigail and Na'bal, they question why I stay in my marriage. After reading the book, The Peacemaker, I have found scripture to help me explain my position:

1 Peter 2:20, 23; 4:19

If you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God. To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps. When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to Him who judges justly. So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.

When I accepted I had wronged my husband, just as he had wronged me; I decided to forgive him, so that I could be forgiven. At that time, and this, I feel this was God's will. It has been very difficult because my husband has had a hard time turning away from sin. It is in his reflexes to make the wrong choice, wait too long to do the right thing, or to find a way to get over.

I knew God was working through me when I did not feel resentment or hurt when my husband let the enemy guide his choices. At times I knew for sure it was a test of my resolve and I held on. I know God is pleased with me. The signs are clear.

1. I haven't gained weight in seven years. As a matter of fact, I have recently been consistently losing without much effort.
2. My attitude towards life in general has become less stressed filled because I lean on God more than I ever have.
3. I am accountable to God only and it is the most freeing experience. I fear no man.

We must continue to do the right thing whether others/the world feel it is or not. Others judge me by what they would do, I'm leaning towards what Jesus would do.

No comments:

Post a Comment