Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Staying Strong

Staying strong is not easy. I am human and I need support just like anyone else. Yet, it is hard to people to view strong women as needing help from others. We get the reputation of "being okay," when in actuality, we need love, help, and care too.

At this point, I am sincerely grateful for being able to withstand much of what is going on, but after seeing all the blood that flowed from my husband's arm, I am in shock. I can handle a lot, but this blood thing is to much for me.

For whatever reason, the surgeon is unable to get the procedure right. He will be going to surgery for the third time. I will be leaving work early to be there for him, but who will be there for me? I can't talk to my kids about it, they are traumatized too.

The few friends I have are sweet, but I know they are sick of me consistently being in crisis mode. It's just all too much. Being strong is not all it is cracked up to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment