Friday, July 22, 2011

What Marriage Has Taught Me

The most important lesson I've learned from being married is you must maintain your own identity. Women run from marriage when they realize they don't know who they are. They have spent most of their lives doing for others. Being the point person for others, slowly losing who they are in the process.


The divorce rate is highest amongest the age group between 35-55. These women have did all they could to be the best they could, only to find they were not appreciated and often thought of as obsolete in many ways. As their children prepare to leave home, or no longer need them as much, these women find themselves with husbands they do not know.

The years of going through the motions have left them lost. I figure this out early in my marriage and made it a point not to let the marriage end with regrets. Whether death did us part, or we did, I made sure I maintained my identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment