Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Chronically Ill-13

Lucky 13! This is my last post, for now, regarding my husbands health. I have no idea where he stands as of July 5th, but on that date he had a bleed ulcer on his third toe on his right leg. It will eventually have to be removed. His blood pressure is still a deep issue and he is now taking dialysis.

I did all I could do for him and must admit I am extremely proud of the way I treated him while he was with me. I waited on him hand and foot and made sure he had everything he needed. I did all I could to help him remember his appointments and I went with him to most of them.

I hate to admit it, but he really couldn't stand for me to be so good to him. He knew he was rotten to the core and didn't want to be any different. He freed me from the stress and strain associated with taking care of someone chronically ill. I am most grateful to him for that.

I sincerely would have stayed and seen it to the end, but it was not meant to be. I am not on the same path of self-destruction that he is on. He recognizes that and in his own way he let me go.

No comments:

Post a Comment