Monday, September 26, 2011

No More Resistance

I have made the decision to do whatever it takes to lose 60 pounds by January 1, 2012. I have been overweight since I was 12 years old. 38 years of struggling with poundage. I have now found out what I need to do and although it seems drastic, it has to be done.

I am moving towards a liquid diet to get this final 60 pounds off. I know what to do to maintain once it is gone. When I was thinking about what I would have to give up, tears literally began to well up in my eyes. I was somewhat surprised. i sat and tried to focus on where the tears where coming from and I couldn't come to an conclusion, other than my inner child, still wanting to have her way.

She is no longer as strong as she used to be. I couldn't muster up a real cry and the tears soon dried up. I must do this if I am to every have any self-respect. I am extremely embarrassed that it has taken me so long to get myself under control. My emotions and feelings were tied into food and I used it to regulate my mood.

Over the past seven years I have worked on my mentality, able to get myself together enough to maintain the same weight for seven years. Now, I find that working out an hour, at age 50, does not burn additional fat, it only maintains. I have to push beyond my comfort zone.

Watch me!

No comments:

Post a Comment