Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Understanding What Is Important

God has blessed me with the gift of being able to understand what is important. Right now my home life is in disarray. Everyday there is something new, another challenge to face, a hurdle to jump, etc. Yet, I no longer allow myself to get overwhelmed, as much as I deal with what I can, as I can, by understanding what is important and acting upon those things first.

I have had to help my husband out because he has once again put himself in a stupid situation. As usual, he has all he needs, but he insists on leaning on other people, then becoming prideful when things go wrong. He is completely unwilling to take any responsibility for his mistakes.

We encountered the core of our problem, lack of respect, during the time we spent with each other. I brought it to his attention and made it perfectly aware we are apart because of how he talks to me.

At this point in my life, I will not be disrespected, for any reason, especially not by the man I've loved for over 26 years. Whether he has or not, I have grown past that. I am ready for better. We did good considering our past and all we've done to ourselves.

I will keep doing what is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment