Thursday, September 29, 2011

Monitoring My Feelings

I have been monitoring the way I feel concerning being separated from my husband while he is so ill and I must admit, I am doing well. I want to be there for him, but he cannot manage to be decent for long and I just can't handle it. I cannot lovingly take care of him, while he is mean to me.

I am not a nurturing person in that way. I can help those who want to help themselves and can appreciate the assistance of another. My husband is not that way. He comes from the mindset of expectation, so he feels he is not obligated to monitor his behavior. He comes from a famly that says, "If you love me, you'll let me abuse you."

Well, I love you, but you will not abuse me. I am so glad I have my head on straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment